- 3 min read
Trying to decide which oil you want to start using on your hair and scalp next? Oils are super important for our hair care regime, keeping our tresses moisturised while locking in the moisture, especially in our LOC (Leave-in, Oil, Cream) or LCO (Leave-in, Cream, Oil) regimen. There are so many oils to choose from so we've picked a few popular natural hair oils and chosen the best oil for your specific hair type too.
- Castor oil is a thick oil that is rich in Vitamin E and carries anti-fungal properties that also aids in hair growth.
- Lavender and Peppermint Oils can also aid in hair growth by invigorating the scalp increasing blood circulation. As it is thick, it is great for thicker hair types. It can also be used on thinner hair types when mixed with a thinner oil like Grapeseed or Jojoba Oil.
Giving yourself a good scalp massage every wash day will help with stimulating the blood flow to encourage hair growth.
- Grapeseed oil is a very lightweight oil and is best used as a carrier oil for thicker hair types or on its own for relaxed and thinner hair types.
It helps prevent frizz, split ends and helps lock in moisture.
- Argan Oil is great for hair that is prone to frizz. It also helps give hair a healthy shine and great softness.
It is loaded with vitamins and healthy fatty acids to help lock in that moisture and is light enough to use daily on your fine tresses.
- Coconut Oil is super moisturising and helps protect and nourish your hair strands. It easily penetrates the scalp and helps with dryness.
- Olive Oil is a heavier oil yet super penetrating. As it is heavier, it is nourishing, soothing, gives softness and is great for thicker hair types.
Coconut Oil and Olive Oil are both great for pre-pooing and mixing in with your favourite deep conditioner because of their moisturising properties.
Pollution, stress and a build-up from 'quick-fix' styling products all impact the quality of our hair. It is very important to choose the best oil for your specific curly hair type.
The African Citrus Bloom Superfruit Hair Oil contains over 10+ potent plant oils that nourish split ends, minimise frizz, repair damaged hair and add a natural shine to the hair. It leaves your curls feeling softer while giving off the sweetest, invigorating scent found in no other hair product.
This supercharged oil infuses the rarest African plant oils that are prized for their nutrient-rich layer, to create the ultimate hair protective elixir. It is concocted with the Saharan protective oils of Mongongo Oil, Manketti Oil and Baobab Oil to restore hair's natural sheen.
We bring you a nourishing hair oil made without traditional liquid silicones such as Cyclopentasiloxane to give you a pure and natural shine. Instead, this concentrated hair wellness blend is fortified by the delicious superfruit oils of Papaya Oil, Avocado Oil and Watermelon Oil. Moisture is sealed in, helping your curls retain the hydrating plant juices, whilst enveloping each strand in an invisible, non-greasy, protective layer. Choose the best oil for natural hair. An everyday hair essential!
Summary of benefits:
- SEALING: 10+ Antioxidant-rich oils instantly seal in moisture
- SMOOTHENING: Enhances natural sheen to create high shine and silkiness while reducing frizz
- REPAIRING: Protects against split ends, environmental damage and breakage
- PROTECTING: Effective protection from harmful UV rays and heat, such as straighteners and hair dryers.
- STIMULATES HAIR GROWTH: Vitamin C-rich fruit infusion balances and purifies the scalp
- BALANCING: Naturally soothes dry and itchy scalp
- The perfect formula for dry, dull, and damaged hair and scalp
Have you tried our African Citrus Superfruit Hair Oil? Let us know what you think in the comments below!Naturally Yours,
Team Flora & Curl
You might also like to read...
Are you transitioning from a relaxer, heat or colour damage? Well if you are, then we know the struggle can be real!Check out our top 5 tips for a ...
So what is this routine Flora & Curl loves? We stand by the L.O.C/L.C.O Method! The routine every curly girl struggling with dry, brittle, dehy...
- 2 min read